Hello! I am Desirae Risse, a Certified Wedding Planner through the Bridal Society, the world’s largest membership of wedding planners and accreditation for wedding professionals. I received my certification while studying at Penn State University, where I earned my bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Park, and Tourism Management (with concentration in event planning) in 2016. After completing an internship with Trends to Traditions Weddings & Events in Pittsburgh, I returned to NEPA where I began coordinating weddings at the Regal Room. There, I’ve met so many great vendors who I trust to recommend to my clients. I have always wanted to be a wedding and event planner, which led to starting my own company, Desirae Risse Weddings & Events!
In addition to my Wedding Planning Certification, I am constantly continuing my education, and also earned my certification in Wedding Design Fundamentals through the Bridal Society. I am so proud to say that I was recently voted Best Wedding Planner in the Access NEPA "Best Of" Awards as well!
I pride myself on my dedication to my couples and take not only meeting, but exceeding, your expectations very seriously. Many people start planning their wedding at a young age - my goal is to ensure you have a stress-free, fun planning process, and to help make the wedding you’ve always dreamed of, become a reality.
I would love to hear your love story - contact me today to start planning!
Photo by Lisa Petz Photography
- Most people call me Des!
- My favorite part of weddings is when the couple sees each other for the first time on the wedding day, whether that means doing a "first look" or a traditional walk down the aisle.
- I love animals and recently adopted a cat named Buddy.
- I love a good Bloody Mary on a Sunday afternoon.
- Being from Scranton, I love The Office, especially the wedding episodes.
- Although I'm based in NEPA, I would love to travel for your destination wedding!